Monday, August 24, 2009

Cirque du Freak: Sons of Destiny, by Darren Shan

This book was great, the best in the series.

What I liked: It wrapped up all the unanswered questions about Des Tiny and was full of important and interesting details. I loved the main character's push towards madness in the Lake and it was great to have all the bits worked out.

What I didn't like: I really had no complaints for this book, except the last few pages were rather inconsequential and droning. I also disliked the "unexpected" third choice at the end. It was expected that Shan would find a way out of making his main character the eventual destroyer of the Earth, but it was just plausible enough that he wouldn't to keep it a pageturner.

Overall: 8 out of 10. Fantastic.

Details:

Mass Market Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers (April 1, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316016640
ISBN-13: 978-0316016643

No comments:

Post a Comment